We are six days into the new year, which for many of us means “six days into the new YOU!”
2020 taught us a great deal about ourselves and about life. It’s safe to assume that many of us took on some big resolutions for the new year, so that we can tackle 2021 successfully.
That’s great! Sometimes, though, setting resolutions is frustrating because when you have a lot of them it seems like most of the time you don’t achieve them. Life can get busy, a pandemic could uproot everything… Our advice is to pick a few instead of an entire list of resolutions! Especially choosing some that are small, but very impactful to your overall wellbeing.
Today we are giving you some different ideas for resolutions to set this year!
- Drink More Water – This seems simple but it makes a huge difference! Did you know that you are supposed to drink (Your Weight) divided by 2 in number of ounces of water per day?
- Plan A Getaway – Even if you can’t afford much (or there are still travel restrictions), just plan one weekend getaway so that you have something to plan for and look forward to once restrictions are lifted. This will make you happier overall, and more productive at work!
- Count Your Blessings Each Morning – This may seem cheesy but just try it! Each morning set aside 1 minute (only 60 seconds!) to think about what you are grateful for in life! List out 3 things in your head. This could be done in the car on your drive to work and it will give you a more positive outlook on life.
- Set A Home Cleaning Schedule – Living in a clean space can make a world of difference in your life and mental well being, as we learned this year. Try setting a schedule for the week of small tasks to do each day!
- Add to Your Self-Care Routine – Or maybe you don’t have a routine at all! Carving out some time for yourself can be so beneficial… whether it’s a weekly coffee run, or a bubble bath!
- Find A Hobby – Maybe this is a craft, a blog, or even working out (it can definitely be a hobby if you stick to it!). This gives you something fun to do outside of work and fills you with joy when you truly find something you are passionate about!
There are so many simple/small changes you can make in life that don’t have to be overwhelming and can be a little easier to achieve. What are your New Year’s Resolutions this year?