Fall is finally here and so is the time for your last quarterly home maintenance checkup! Keeping a list of seasonal home maintenance tasks can help keep your home in great shape all year round and protect you from potential mishaps.
- Replace batteries in smoke and carbon monoxide detectors; be sure to test and dust them too!
- Check fire extinguishers.
- Clean kitchen exhaust hood and filter.
- Flush out the water heater and drain sediment.
- Schedule a heating/furnace inspection.
- Trims trees and shrubs away from house.
- Clean and inspect chimneys and flues.
- Inspect roof for damage.
- Clean gutters.
- Inspect caulk seals around windows and doors; repair as needed.
- Change air filters.
There you have it! Just a small check list of some very big potentially damaging things that could majorly affect your home. It’s always good to stay on top of these home maintenance tasks for good peace of mind! Stay tuned for our next quarterly home maintenance tasks coming in 2020!